About Doris Gentry
In these past 35 years of steadily advancing career work – including managing a corporation of 2,500 employees (producing 30,000 W2’s a year) and multi-million dollar budgets – under my watch, earnings have been paid to stock-holders, employees have seen great advantages and significant prosperity has been added to corporate bottom lines.
Unique talents, gifts and skills are needed to bring about collaborative relationships on a city, county and corporate basis. Three decades of building corporations, fund-raising and enhancing public agencies by: making them more creative; expanding consensus; instilling political/legislative savvy; enhancing board development; leading with focus and teaching/training staff is a testimony to that strength. Helping a company grow and prosper has been a common denominator in the life of Doris Gentry.
Gentry has current philanthropic attributes within the city of Napa which include:
Chair Napa County Task Force on Sex Trafficking
Chair Annual Sex Trafficking Conference for 400 guests
Talk so Kids Listen Host & Producer Live Radio Show
1440 KVON Radio
Chair Annual Chocolate & Wine benefiting Napa Foster, Adoptive & Kincare Children
Chair Napa Sunrise Rotary 4th of July Parade Since January 2009
Host & Producer ‘On the Edge with Doris’ Live TV Show
Napa TV 28 Since 2008
Member Napa Sunrise Rotary Since 2007
Foster & Kincare Training and then became Program Specialist
At Napa Valley College Since 1995 in steadily advancing roles
Member MENSA on and off since 1984
Teacher for 35 years includes teaching 2 years of High School Math, Community Organizer, Foster & Kincare Specialist at Napa Valley College, Mom that raised 100 Napa Teen foster Boys, 27 year Napa resident, Community Advocate, Get things done!
Doris Gentry has been teaching & leading for over 32 years, born in Southern Illinois she is a 4th generation leader. Her heritage shouts leadership. It is in her blood.
- Planning Commission Experience, serving on a 5 County Regional Planning Commission for 5 years and working as the Business Development Specialist, accessed and handled multi-million dollar loans and networked City and County Governments with Federal and State Grants to help cities re-build failing infrastructure. Worked to attract major corporate investment in local communities thereby creating jobs and stimulating the economy.
- Born in Rosiclare, Illinois, a 4th generation Southern Illinoisan
- Owned corporations coast to coast, serving as Executive Director and CEO
- Passion for banking, finance, numbers, was a High School math teacher for two years.
- Today, Gentry is a member of Napa Sunrise Rotary, MENSA, founding member of Napa County Family & Foster Parent Association, member American Screen Writers Association (ASA) and Grace Church of Napa Valley.
- Doris has lived in Napa for 27 years and together with husband Jim raised 4 children, 6 grandchildren and over 100 foster kids in their home.
- Doris has never had a DUI, never been arrested, is fingerprinted and listed on the live-scan data base.
- When you elect Doris Gentry, you know everything about who she is and what she has done in her life. There are no hidden agendas or secrets. Napa knows the personhood of Doris Gentry.